news - management programme makes an open comeback
Our highly acclaimed Foundation Management Development Programme (FMDP) makes a comeback as an open course next year. The course is perfect for individuals who are new to management or have been in management for a while and need to develop their management skills. The ILM accredited programme has a number of key areas delivered in several modules over a 4-month period and it is aimed at first-line managers and supervisors. This course will introduce vital skills to individuals and motivate them to be highly effective. Key areas of the course include:
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) – managers need to be aware of personalities within a team but before they can understand others, they need to understand themselves first.
- Delegation – essential for managers to understand how to delegate and key elements required including communication and feedback.
- Time Management – understanding what is happening with our time is essential for effective management. Identifying ‘Time Bandits’ and doing something about them will ensure what we do with our time is more effective.
- Dysfunctional Teams – knowledge on what makes a dysfunctional team and being aware of the pitfalls will improve managing and leading teams.
- Managing Conflict – all managers are exposed to conflict and anyone in this role needs to be aware of what is actually going on and techniques to deal with conflict confidently.